Monday, December 5, 2011

Times they are a changin'

I've attempted to start writing more and have failed miserably as of late. Since I got out of the hospital, I've been trying to recover as well as get back into society in general. Let's face it, since July, I haven't done much outside of the house, in fact I've mostly just beat cancer and eaten horribly while watching A LOT of ESPN. I mean and unhealthy amount of ESPN. Since it's a new month and we've just passed Thanksgiving, I thought I'd let you all know what has changed, not changed, and where I plan on going on going with this thing from now as well as what I'm thankful for.

First off, I can't possibly say enough how lucky I am. Susan and I were talking about it the other day, and it all just kind of hit me. Between June 30 and November 30 of the same year, I was diagnosed with and then beat cancer. That's 5 months!!!! Whether or not you are the religious type, it makes you very thankful to know that everyone who said a prayer for you, threw some positive energy your way, or sacrificed a goat (or possibly a chicken; to be honest, I have no idea what some of you pagans believe (I really mean pagan in the most endearing of ways!), but I know that any of you who did whatever it is you do helped in some way.) I'm especially thankful that I have had the support of my family throughout this as well. Even though there were many times that Susan probably needed support as much as I did, she has managed to not go crazy, which is unfathomable to me, given what she's had on her plate this year. My mom and everyone has also been awesome with helping stay with me or doing whatever needed to be done. I'm truly blessed beyond measure.

By now you've likely heard how well everything went with my surgery, but for those that do not know, here's the breakdown. I had the surgery on my right lung to remove what was left of the lesions and it turned out that it was all necrotic tissue. That means my left lung and all of my lymph nodes are also necrotic. Necrotic means dead tissue, which equals no cell growth which means REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right. Cancer can suck it. We won!

So now that brings up what to do with this blog. So many of you have told me how much you enjoy reading it that I thought I should continue writing. Also, since I'm going back to school to be an English teacher, I could always use the chance at writing more to improve upon it. I don't think the subject matter will necessarily change that much, I'll keep writing about my thoughts or general observations I make throughout the day. I'm also going to try and hold myself to publishing every few days which I've failed miserably at before.

What else is going to change? Well, we'll be making the initial donation from the bracelets as soon as we sell the remaining ones left. I think there's about 30 or so left (previously I thought we sold them all, but i found the last bit of them while doing some cleaning this morning). What we'll do is that if you want to buy some, we'll give you 2 for 1. That's right folks. Its a fire sale. Just order the amount you plan to buy (i.e. if you want 2 then order 1, if you want 4 then order 2, etc. and I'll take care of the rest.) As well donations, I'd like to try and keep the revenue flowing through the site in the hopes that each year we can try and donate at least the same amount. So you may notice some ads on the side. I'm going to try my best to keep them relevant and not just crazy everywhere. They're definitely legit, and approved by me, so don't worry about clicking on the links if you feel so inclined. They don't pay much (avg is around $100 every 3 months), but that's $100 that can go to the charity.

So that's whats been going on and what the plans are. If you need a nice stocking stuffer then order some bracelets...

No comments:

Post a Comment